News & Activities
Sutter Living Center
An Alzheimer's Special Care Unit
Sutter Living Center is a 20-bed self-contained special needs unit within Oakview. It was created to be a temporary home for those with stage four through mid-stage six Alzheimer's desease and related dementias. To be eligible for care residents must:
- Have an irreversible diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's disease as their primary diagnosis
- Require long-term nursing care
- Be independently mobile and able to participate in activities
- Be able to eat on his or her own
Transition out of the special needs unit into the skilled nursing unit will be recommended when a resident's dementia has progressed to an advanced stage in which he or she:
- Has become bedridden
- Is unable to eat on his or her own
- Is unable to participate in activities
- Develops medical needs that exceed the level of care offered
Sutter Living Center strives to provide the highest level of care and services; activities to nurture the body, mind and spirit; delicious, nourishing meals; warm, inviting accommodations; and an extended family of dedicated friends and caregivers.
For more information regarding admission to Sutter Living Center and an admissions application, please contact Oakview's Admissions Coordinator at 845-5185 ext. 227.